Job Opportunities at Shaker Village
Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Sabbathday Lake Shaker Village!
Visitors’ Center Receptionist/Manager
Sabbathday Lake Shaker Village, home to the world’s only living Shaker Community since 1783, seeks a friendly, professional individual to welcome the public to Maine’s largest National Historic Landmark. This position is part-time (21 hours weekly at $9/hr) and runs from Memorial Day Weekend through Columbus Day. Must be available for the entire season.
- Personable, friendly, and outgoing.
- Comfortable utilizing technology of register/sales computerized system and instructing other staff on using the computerized system as well as notifying them of all updates to the computerized system (Square Register).
- Working closely with the Office Manager to assist with managing inventory.
- Comfortable speaking to large groups and making announcements.
- Capable of professionally representing the only active Shaker Community in the world and Maine’s largest National Historic Landmark.
- Capable of supervising while multi-tasking.
- Team leadership – Capable of taking the authority to supervise staff, assign duties, and follow up on progress of staff, taking action when necessary.
- Capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Capable of following leadership, direction, and instructions.
- Capable of working in a variety of climate conditions, seasonal weather.
- Lifting and carry up to 20 pounds, distances of up to 150 yards.
- Professional, courteous, and respectful to the Shakers, their home, and their privacy.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Michael Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Shaker Museum, 707 Shaker Rd, New Gloucester, ME 04260.