Make A Gift
Thank you for your support! There are many ways to give to support the preservation and educational work of Sabbathday Lake Shaker Village.
- Gifts of cash. You can make your gift online via PayPal, by mail or by phone. You can make an unrestricted gift – to be used where it’s needed most, or you can designate your gift to a specific department or use. Click here to donate online.
- Monthly giving. Setting up a monthly gift is an easy way to maximize your support to The United Society of Shakers and can be done online via PayPal or by mail. You choose the amount you want to contribute each month and determine the timeframe for making the gift (12 months, for example).
- Gifts of stock. A gift of appreciated securities entitle you to a charitable deduction equal to the fair market value of the securities without paying tax on the securities’ appreciation. To make a gift of stock, please contact us at 207-926-4597.
- Tribute gifts. A tribute gift can be a memorial gift in remembrance of someone special, or to honor someone on their birthday, anniversary, retirement, or other special occasion. Tribute gifts are acknowledged by letter to the next-of-kin (for memorial gifts) or person of honor. The amount of the gift is kept confidential.
- In-kind gifts. Gifts of tangible property (office furniture, antiques, equipment) may provide you or your businesses with a desirable tax deduction. You are responsible for substantiating the value of your in-kind donation for tax purposes. If the value of your gift is more than $5,000, you will need a written appraisal.
- Planned gifts. Want to perpetuate your giving to The United Society of Shakers beyond your lifetime? Consider including us in your will. Cash, securities, real estate, and personal property are all assets that may be given. Like other gifts, your planned gift can be unrestricted or designated for a specific purpose such as an endowment.
- Gifts of time. The United Society of Shakers has volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Visit our Volunteer page for more info.
- Matching gifts. You can increase your charitable support if your employer has a matching gift program. Many companies match or even multiply donations made by their employees and sometimes their retired personnel. Some companies will also make a contribution when an employee has volunteered time to an organization. Contact the human resources department at your company for more information.
Thank you for your generous support and for making a difference!
The United Society of Shakers, Sabbathday Lake, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization. Gifts to The United Society of Shakers are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.