Saturday, October 7, 2017, 10am – 4:30pm FREE
Join Shaker Village for our end-of-season Fall Harvest Festival!
- Freshly-picked apples from the historic Shaker orchards will be offered for sale along with free cider-pressing (of apples purchased here), homemade Shaker doughnuts, and much more!
- Chipman's Farm, neighbors to the Shakers since the 1790s, will have a bounty available for sale.
- Seasonal mums, other late-season "bloomers" and houseplants will be available from Donna's Greenhouse. .
- LIVE MUSIC ~ Bluegrass tunes by Albert Price and the Pseudonyms
- Free, traditional craft demonstrations include Shaker-style broom making by Kent Ruesswick, wool carding, spinning, knitting, and weaving by the R&R Spinners, rug hooking by Parris House Wool Works, blacksmithing by Tim Greene, weaving by Marjie Thompson, dovetail woodworking demonstration by Chris Becksvoort, wood-turning by Peter Asselyn, wood-carving by the Poland Woodcarvers, Native American artists and crafters including Lightning Hawk Creations, Wendy Hamilton, and Passamaquoddy Maple. Book signing by Don Perkins-Barns of Maine.
- Free wagon rides will be offered throughout the day and will take you up to the Shakers' Herb Gardens for a free tour.
- Free tours of the Shakers' barn will be given periodically by Brother Arnold Hadd.
- Free face painting for kids along with free gourd decorating!
- BBQ lunch plates available for sale, while supplies last.
Bring the family! The Museum is open for tours as well as the Shaker Store and Museum Gift Shop.